From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a FM radio transmitter using Labview and USRP2920??

I am new to labview and USRP and I am trying to explore my new USRP2920. I have been able to work out an example of fm receiver but I now want to make a radio station of my own..Can any1 help plzzz

Message 1 of 9
(7,916 Views)

Hi chahatb,

There is a few example of FM transmitter on NI website. You may want to have a look on those. Some of the example can be found as below,

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24206

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25893

There also examples on transmitting signal using USRP that are shipped with USRP which can be found as below

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\instr\niUSRP\

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,881 Views)

Hi TuiTui,

Thanks for the help but earlier also I went through this example and the problem I found was that it is not transmitting any audible sound. Also do you have any idea how to convert a song into transmittable form???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,862 Views)

Hi chahatb,

That's weird I was able to run the VI from this link and hear the sound from a sound file, https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25893

The question would be how you receive the sound waveform? What is the song file you use to transmit? I would suggest you to try .wav file as i use this file format and it works.

Also make sure that the signal is not interfered by radio frequency from radio station. 

Best regards,

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,833 Views)

Thanks!! It works.

Can you advice some texts I need to go through to understand that .vi and to be able to make one of my own?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,824 Views)

Hello TuiTui,

Is it possible to transfer live recording from microphone with modifications to above vi??or if u can sugges some new vi..I am trying to make a mini radio channel of my own

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,812 Views)

Hi chahatb,

Yes you can do it with your microphone. You can search through an example called "continuous sound input.vi" from example finder (Help->Find examples...).

you then can combine the two VIs together.

For the text explaination of the previous VI, i would say that it read a waveform from a .wav file, resample the waveform, and FM modulate the signal.

I will leave theory for you as i believe you can search those information on the internet.

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,777 Views)

Hi TuiTui,

I tried combining the two but it wasn't working. Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,723 Views)

Hi chahatb,

You might need to show me how you combine the two. If possible, please capture a screenshot or post a VI.

Best regards,

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,711 Views)