From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a 2D array global?

I have a small 2D array(up to 8 rows, up to 10 columns) of strings that I want to make global.  It doesn't appear that LabView allows creating global 2D arrays.  Is that correct?  What is the best way to implement this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,551 Views)

@rreis wrote:

It doesn't appear that LabView allows creating global 2D arrays.  Is that correct?  What is the best way to implement this?

That is news to me.

Did you bother to try Google? http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/creating_global_variables/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,538 Views)

Wow, I guess that was a gap in my LabView knowledgeSmiley Embarassed.  I've always used the single process shared variable instead of a global.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,504 Views)

@rreis wrote:

Wow, I guess that was a gap in my LabView knowledgeSmiley Embarassed.  I've always used the single process shared variable instead of a global.

I wouldn't worry about.  Everyone has knowledge gaps.  That's why they come to the help forums.  You no longer have the gap, right?  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,489 Views)