From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock the size of front panel so that user can't see hidden objects?

@2014spring wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I know I could use a temperary file to hold data. But like I said, I'd like to keep the window open there for convenicenc.

Regards,

spring.

I thought we had agreed that keeping the window open was not "Convienient" and, that a slighly painful (for you- not the user) rework of the exe would be betterSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,062 Views)

Yes, Jeff, I'm still working on that. 🙂 I was just answering the question why I didn't exit out the program gracefully.

Best regards,

spring.

Message 22 of 24
(1,059 Views)

Thank you Sam for your input and advice too!

Best regards,

spring

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,051 Views)

@2014spring wrote:

When they click on Cancel button at a certain step, I want to stop the test but not to exit out completely to keep some previously filled information in the program so that they don't have to refill the fields each time when they run the program. Also they don't have to go to desktop or Start menu to locate the program and run it. This is to save production time. 🙂

Slam the data into an INI file before you close out (part of the "cancel" action).

On startup, if the file exists, pull in data from it.  Else, just use front-panel defaults.

Or better yet, use a state machine that can loop back around to a "start" state that uses the already-populated controls without ever halting execution of the program.

A shortcut on the desktop works well too. 🙂

Just seems like you're looking for a workaround for something that should really be more UI/UX development time.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(1,013 Views)