LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock sample frequency for 5673 and 5663

Hello,

In general I'm trying to lock transmitter and receiver together.  It seems easy to lock the carrier frequency, however no matter what I do, I seem to have a drift in my sampling frequency (on the order of 1ppm). 

Is the sampling clock in the 5663 digitizer tied to the same clock reference as the LO?  ... I didn't think I would need the TClk mechanism here since I don't care about delay ... 

Any thoughts are greatly apreciated.  Below are a few specifics. 

I'm using the 5673 as transitter and 5663 as receiver.  I've noticed the folowing:

1. When each are using a 'Reference Clock Source' = OnboardClock I have a noticeable carrier offset at the receiver (eg 5.8 GHz carrier has  ~7 KHz offset) and this is fine. 

2. When each are using a 'Reference Clock Source' = PXI Clock, with the chassis physically tied, I see no noticeable carrier offset at the receiver. 

3. When 5673 is using 'Reference Clock Source' = OnboardClock, 5663 using 'Reference Clock Source' = ClkIn (ClkIn/Out physically tied), I see no noticeable carrier offset at the receiver. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,974 Views)

Not sure if this is the proper forum.  I created a post in the 'NI Support' area and LabVIEW is were it got placed.  ... arg ...

I'm going to try and move this to a more apropriate forum:  ... 'High Speed Digitizers' I guess.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,964 Views)

I copied the thread to RF Measurement Deveices.  

Sorry for the confusion. 

This thread can be removed. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,960 Views)

For reference, here is the discussion in the RF Measurement Devices forum.

Regards,

Peter Williams

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,939 Views)