LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Excel file to Access

Hello,

I created a barcode database using excel and labview. Now i want this data to be in access as a database and continuosly update it.

I have a doubt also as i have created excel sheet of various product barcode and there is always a new sheet that is saved when ever working( this is a requirement)  so how can i link all the file and creat one access database.

Thanks in advance, Need urgent help

Regards

Naman Vaidya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,688 Views)

Is there a LabVIEW question?  What is it exactly that you'd like LabVIEW to do that you're having trouble with?  Be specific. Barcodes, Excel, Access, and :new sheets are a requirsment" is nowhere near enough information.  Include your VI if you have one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,665 Views)

sorry for the confusion. 

i want labview to link my excel and acess, so that a database is created.

second thing is i am having verious barcode data like for eg. for product X i have a particular barcode and for product Y another so my software create a new excel file whenever we change a product or a particular quantity of any product is filled. Now the question is if everytime i creat a new excel how do i creat a single database by linking all files using labview.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,607 Views)
Do you have the database connectivity toolkit or are you using something else? If you are familiar with sql, writing to a database is pretty straightforward.

You start with a single database that you design with the tables and columns you want. The database is written to with INSERT statements.

I don't understand the point of having a different file for each barcode. In the database, each barcode would just be a separate record in a single table.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,592 Views)

hmm ok i try and if i get stuck i bug you again.

Thanks for the reply.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,584 Views)