From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if a specific "volume label" exist?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running Windows 7, and I have several external HDD connected to my PC. One of the HDD has volume label "BOOTLOADER".

How can I write a LabVIEW vi, to know if the volume label exist, i.e if that HDD is attached to my PC?

I tried the solution in the below link:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-I-address-a-Hard-drive-by-its-volume-label-rather-than-its/td-p/...

but I couldn't get the batch file to work.

As for the .NET solution, I copy and paste the block diagram to my VI, and it does not work.. see my previous post in this forum. Running the original VI does work though..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author splee

It's fairly easy to get the drive list by letter with list dir, but I couldn't find a pure LabVIEW way, if you want to check for a specific drive, maybe you can test the size and sector size... I know it's just a crappy workaround...

Clipboard01.png

hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 4
(2,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author splee

Try this:

teste.png

Message 3 of 4
(2,928 Views)

That's cool, I just did some research annd if you also waant to see your network drives, paste thhiis into the input string : wmic logicaldisk get caption,volumename

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 4
(2,906 Views)