From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep types straight in PPLS

For the record, I just tried that demo project in LV2015 SP1, and got the same (mis-)behavior.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(732 Views)

Steve,

sorry for this late response, i was trying to get some more detailed information on this. And there is *some kind* of documentation for this behavior. Please refer to the sixth bullet; it (more or less) explains the behavior you observe as expected caveat.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(690 Views)

Thanks, Norbert.

Tech Support has acknowledged the issue, while not yet calling it a "bug".

To me, it seems like a bug, in that when the App Builder converts "L.lvlib:X.ctl" to "L.lvlibp:X.ctl", it should also convert "Queue of L.lvlib:X.ctl" to  "Queue of L.lvlibp:X.ctl".

Workarounds include:

1... Living with it as it is.  That means you cannot CREATE CONSTANT from the queue inputs, you have to open it from the PPL directly.

2... Putting the TYPEDEF into one PPL, and the queue-creation code in another.  That means the queue is guaranteed to be of type "Queue of L.lvlibp:X.ctl".

3... Haven't tried this, but building the PPL with DISCONNECT FROM TYPEDEFS might work, as all the controls get reduced to plain controls, by that.

So, there's nothing left to do here.

Thanks, all.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(682 Views)