From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface xbee with labview without the use of arduino in any way?

I wanted to connect the xbee receiver to labview and use the data for graph and other purposes. The transmitter side will have a microcontroller other than arduino. As there will be no readymade VIs to design it(as in the case of LIFA). How do I go about interfacing xbee using visa resource? (I am completely new to labview)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,704 Views)

I have done this using Xbee only.  The transmitter sent out data periodically.  I used LabVIEW to listen for the data.  I had a loop that read data on the com port(Enable Termination Character, which is 7E(HEX)).  You then have to parse out the message string, which depends on how you set up the transmitter.  I was sending data from the transmitter's analog port.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,565 Views)

hi

I m completelly new in labview but using ni community i have learned arduino interface with labview.

Now my project is about automation of street light. 75% of my project is done but the last part of the project is headache, last part is all the street light on & off try to show on labview using wireless 2 xbee modules.can you halp to run my project

My problem is i didnt communicate with labview uing xbee s2 module can you help for making a code in labview.

As a controller i use arduino uno

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,204 Views)