From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface with Chameleon camera

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use Labview to control Chameleon camera, which is from Point Grey Research. I am using the ActiveX control interface and I have encounter a problem of using "Call Library Function" node. I am using that node to get the image array from a pointer and trying to display. However, the "Call Library Function" node doen't work.

I am wondering how can I get the  image array from a pointer that is used by the FlyCapture?

Was there anyone experience the same thing?

Thanks.

Carson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,493 Views)

CarsonZ,

Please check to see if your camera is supported by the Industrial Camera Advisor. Also, when you say that the Call Library Function node does not work, does it return a specific error message or just not return any data?

Lastly, is the FlyCapture application an ActiveX enabled application? If so you should be able to register for events and also pull the information from the application by running through this help document.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,467 Views)

I've checked the Industrial Camera Advisor and the Chameleon camera is not there. I think that might because Chameleon is a USB camera. FlyCapture application is definitely an ActiveX enabled application and I have successfully used the ActiveX to control it, it is just I cannot poll out 1D array image date from the pointer using Call Library Function node. Is it possible that my dll doesn't work because it doesn't support 64 bit Win7?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,461 Views)