LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate a sensor with USB connection to LabView?

Hi Dennis,

Thanks.

Is it possible for you to downconvert the attached file?

The Downconvert Requests didn't reply me!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 43
(1,812 Views)

I'm trying to import Omega.USB DLL file but I need a header (.h) file as well which is missing in the labview driver package. How can I get access to that file?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 43
(1,793 Views)

What kind of import are you doing? Why do you need a .h file?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 43
(1,786 Views)

I'm trying to use tools/import/shared library (.dll)... I'm on the right track?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 43
(1,779 Views)
Not even close. You were already told that the call library function node is not correct for .NET. The example VI was downconverted in your other thread. Does it not work?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 43
(1,769 Views)

well it requires me to first import the Omega.USB DLL file. Is it just copying of this file into a folder or there is an specific process?

Also there 9 different errors in the error list of downconverted VI. Mostly related to Invoke node and Property node. I wonder if it's happening because of downconverting or not?  

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 43
(1,764 Views)

Hello EBMec,

The Instructions.txt file from the driver says this:

- To use the drivers in your custom application, you will need to:

- Copy _all_ the *.dll files from the "Drivers" directory into your project.

- Use the "Constructor Node" in the .Net panel under "Connectivity" functions menu to construct a reference to the .Net DLL.

- Invoke node methods and properties to access the PX409USB device.

If you create a project and add the "Omega.USB.LabView.vi" to the project along with the "Omega.USB.dll" file and the "FTD2XX_NET.dll" file, then you should be able to open Omega.USB.LabView.vi, which shows how to use the driver.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 43
(1,742 Views)

Hi Colden R,

Thanks for your responses.

After I open the "Omega.USB.LabView.vi" it gives several errors like the following:

Invoke Node: Invalid method

The method selected in the invoke node is invalid or no method has been selected.  Right-click the invoke node and select a method.

I get these errors either by opening the vi file directly or adding the vi and dll files in a new project. Your views?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 43
(1,733 Views)

Hello EBMec,

What do the invoke nodes look like when you open up the VI? When I open the VI I see a PX409.GetConnectedDevices invoke node, a List 1[[Omega.USB.PX409, (etc).ToArray invoke node, and a PX409.GetCurrentPressureReading invoke node. Also, what are the other errors you are getting?

It's possible that you don't have the correct version of the windows .NET framework installed. You need at least 2.0 SP 2, according to the PDF here:

ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/PX409-USB/

You could try installing a newer version of .NET, and you could also try installing "TRHC_1.3.11.0927_Full_Setup.zip" from that link above. 

To check and see what version of .NET you have, go to your list of installed programs (control panel --> add or remove programs in XP, Programs and Features in Windows 7). You can look through there to see what version of .NET you have, and if you're in Windows 7 you can click "View installed updates" at the top left and find the .NET framework details there.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 43
(1,720 Views)

Even without the project, you should be able to right click on the constructor node, click 'Select Constructor', and browse to where you installed the .dll.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 43
(1,715 Views)