LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate a sensor with USB connection to LabView?

Hi Folks,

I'm going to use a pressure transducer (OMEGA PX409) to measure pressure and control a motor accordingly. The pressure sensor has a USB connection. What kind of DAQ may fit my demand? In fact, I need to integrate an analogue input which already has a USB connection and I can't wire it to a hardware like NI USB-6009.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43
(5,853 Views)

If it has USB connection and why not you can pulg and play with labVIEW?

I guess, may be the pressure senor having some circuitry with controller. You can send some commands and get the information about pressure. You can also plot the pressure data versus time in realtime.

If you want get start with serial connection in labVIEW, check in the examples that you got with labVIEW. "Basic Serial write and read" is the best one to get start. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43
(5,836 Views)

I appreciate your help.

Basically I need to read the pressure (as I said by pressure transducer with USB connection), then post-process that pressure to send a command to control the motor. Simple PD or PI control logic is sufficient. For the motor I have a digital output DAQ (NI-9472). There is also a temperature sensor which I connect to analogue input NI 9205) and I have to read the temperature to start and stop a fan and some LEDs. Your views?

Do you know any example/tutorials that I can start for this process?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43
(5,831 Views)

Hi EBmec,

Please check this link.It has got labview drivers.

ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/PX409-USB/PX409-USB_Drivers/

Thanks and regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43
(5,828 Views)

Hello EBMec,

LabVIEW has a number of examples to help with using DAQmx products. Open up the NI example finder (Help --> Find Examples). Then go to Hardware Input and Output --> DAQmx.

For the 9205 you want to look in Analog Measurements. Depending on how the temperature measurement is coming in you should find an appropriate example in either the Temperature folder or the Voltage folder.

For the 9472 you'll want to look in the Digital Generation folder.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43
(5,786 Views)

Thanks for your help.

The driver for the PX409USB is compatible with LabView 8.6 and it gives me an error on LabView 8.5!

Is there anyway to make it applicable?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43
(5,759 Views)

EBMec,

One way to solve this problem is to upgrade to LabVIEW 2011. This upgrade will also give you support for a year (the ability to call in and talk to Applications Engineers at National Instruments). LabVIEW 8.5 is a very old version of LabVIEW, and quite a bit of LabVIEW code is written for newer versions of LabVIEW. Also, LabVIEW 2011 makes quite a few improvements over older versions of LabVIEW.

Alternately, you can post the files in the Downconvert Requests thread: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Downconvert-VI-Requests/m-p/1067229

Keep in mind that this thread is manned by volunteers, so no guarantees. 

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43
(5,735 Views)

Hi Colden R,

Many thanks.

I have  *.dll files for the PX409USB driver. Is there any example/tutorial that I can follow to create a VI to integrate the PX409USB .Net driver with LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43
(5,729 Views)

Hello EBMec,

You can call DLL files using the Call Library Function Node, as shown here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/glang/call_library_function/

This function will allow you to use those .dll files, but you will need to use the documentation that comes with them in order to know what the functions do and what inputs you should use.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43
(5,725 Views)

The Call Library Node is not used for .NET. For that, you use the functions on the Connectivity>.NET palette. Simply open the example finder and do a search for .NET.

Why would you want to write the code yourself instead of asking to have it downconverted?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43
(5,722 Views)