cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the OPC server with the Application installer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all,

I had make the datalogging progam by communication the PLC through modbus using the OPC server.

1. I had configer the opc client through project explorer some time it run fine but when i run by next day it can't communicate with OPC server but the OPC server is communicating with the PLC.When i right click on the properties of the opc i/o client in the project exploer and make any change and again run the application it works where the problem is.

2.The second problem is while building the installer who OPC server will installered to my targate PC.Bacuse i had installed the application  on the target PC just for testing but OPC server havn't installed even though there is no option for the addition of the OPC server while bulding.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,897 Views)

Hi

before 2 weeks ago i tried same as you, but i can not solved , then i found directly using datasocket server , with string lines ,its working well . please find simple application

Serdar Gundem
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author luthra_arun

HI Serdar,

Thanks for the reply i had seen your example your idea is ok but if i have more then 100 tag and with different data types then where is problem to manage all those tags.

Now what i had done i had put the express vi of create or configer I/O server and give the process name same as file name like opcdemomo and same server name mention in the project explorer and restart and shout down tow and three times it works i havn't get any problem.but that is not the good method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,874 Views)

HI to all,

Only the first poit had solve but till now the second point is unsolved................

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,848 Views)

Hello,

I've just encountered this problem. Does anybody have any suggestion about this issue ?

Everything is ok on developing PC that installed DSC and LabVIEW Real-Time. Application can make read/write operations with Siemens S7-1200 PLC.

But,

1) I built installer with "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine" and "NI LabVIEW DSC Module Runtime". 

2) I installed OPC Server as licenced for 1 driver on other PC without LabVIEW. And then i installed my application using my installer.

I can't establish a connection between OPC & Application. 

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,459 Views)

aykanklnk escribió:

Hello,

I've just encountered this problem. Does anybody have any suggestion about this issue ?

Everything is ok on developing PC that installed DSC and LabVIEW Real-Time. Application can make read/write operations with Siemens S7-1200 PLC.

But,

1) I built installer with "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine" and "NI LabVIEW DSC Module Runtime". 

2) I installed OPC Server as licenced for 1 driver on other PC without LabVIEW. And then i installed my application using my installer.

Best Regards.

Hola resolviste el problema, para que se instale junto con el installer?? me comentas...

gracias...

saludos...

FORT MAX
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,213 Views)

I think you need to buy DSC Run-Time System.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,873 Views)

aykanklnk 已写:

Hello,

But,

Best Regards.

I think you need to buy DSC Run-Time System because you are using OPC Server.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,872 Views)