From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the NI-DAQmx driver on a real time target PC?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I’m painful about how I can install a PCI-6363 DAQmx on my real time desktop PC target. The PCI-6363 is directly connected to the real time PC. And I’m using LabVIEW 2011 and MAX 5.0. 

The DAQmx device driver can be seen in software lIst in the host PC, but it can not be found in the install wizard. Is there something wrong with my host PC? or is that wrong to connect PCI-6363 with real time desktop PC?

I would be grateful for any advice that I could get here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zhleo

Hi Zhleo,

If you are about to use the PCI-6363 with the Real-Time Desktop you are right you need to have it installed, and then you need to deploy DAQmx driver software to the real-time target.

To do that you access your real-time desktop under Remote Systems in MAX and start the Real-Time Software Wizard. There you should see DAQmx listed. 

In case you do not have DAQmx listed there, see this KB: Deploying DAQmx to a Real-Time Controller or PC?

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,119 Views)

Hi, Eirikur,

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I update the drivers for NI-DAQmx hardware on host PC and ensure the Real-Time support for LabVIEW has been installed, then I can install the drivers from host PC to Target PC now.

Br,

Zhleo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,110 Views)