LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to input xml streaming data

I'm trying to figure out how to access a streaming xml file in labview. I have an application where I can set the xml service port for data output and I would like to take this stream and read it in a VI on the same computer. I'm not well versed in xml streaming, but it seems I should be able to list the port in some labview VI and get my xml stream out. I've tried searching for an answer for this problem for a while with no luck. Is there a simple answer? Or is there a good place for me to start reading and learning how to do this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,021 Views)

When you are talking about "port", i am thinking of TCP protocol. Sure you can use TCP in your LV code, see example finder for this.

BUT: You read strings, so if this is an XML string, you might want to "analyze" it. I am not sure if you can use the predefined XML functions since they expect to receive valid XML strings containing a closing tag for each openening tag. In a stream, i find it possible, that this is not the case, which would create tons of errors...

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,008 Views)