Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,023 Views)

As usual, show us what you got.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,019 Views)

And what if x <= 2.39?

2.4 <= x <=2 .42?

2.45 <= x <=2 .47?

Or x >= 2.50?

There are holes in your ranges.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,010 Views)

Then the value is invalid,

it should be actually like this

2.39<=x<=2.4 then y=4.8

2.42<=x<=2.45 then y=5

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,006 Views)

I would multiply the value by 100 then wire that into a case structure selector terminal.

The case structure would have 4 cases defined.

239 .. 240    it outputs a 4.8 to the tunnel

242 .. 245    it outputs a 5.0 to the tunnel

247 .. 250    it outputs a 5.2 to the tunnel

Default        it outputs a 0 or some other value that you define that you want to represent as an invalid value.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,003 Views)

You could use a formula node from the Structures menu.  It uses expressions similar to C.

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,972 Views)

Multiplying by 100 and then comparing integer is always better then comparing floating value. Opt for 'X100'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,941 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Multiplying by 100 and then comparing integer is always better then comparing floating value. Opt for 'X100'

So... what happens if the number has three decimal places?  😉

More correctly stated, I guess you could say "multiply the numbers to be compared by 10^x, where x equals the precision of your most precise number.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,900 Views)

@billko wrote:

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

More correctly stated, I guess you could say "multiply the numbers to be compared by 10^x, where x equals the precision of your most precise number.

This is an excellent point.  Given the example, multiply by 100 would work fine.  But you also need to be aware of rounding, which is a whole other issue you probably don't want to think about.  When converting to an integer, the number will round toward 0.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,883 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

This is an excellent point.  Given the example, multiply by 100 would work fine.  But you also need to be aware of rounding, which is a whole other issue you probably don't want to think about.  When converting to an integer, the number will round toward 0.

But by multiplying as I have shown, that should result in all numbers being integers... or are you saying that if you specified 0.5 was internally represented as 0.499 you are in danger of coming up with 4 as your integer, not 5?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,879 Views)