LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a dual booting PXI system using windows 7 and labview RT

Good Day

My name is Mariano Ocana from the University of Manitoba, and I want to implement a dual system using windows 7 and labview RT in a PXIe-1082 chassis with a PXIe-8102 embedded controlled (the chassis came with windows 7 installed). What are the steps to use both systems (windows and RT)  in the same chassis?, in the NI help comes an example implementing a dual system using windows xp and RT, it is the same procedure?.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Regards

M. Ocana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)

Greetings, Mariano.

The real issue you have to contend with is whether or not you have a LabVIEW RT license.  If the 8102 controller was purchased Windows-Only, you likely do not have a license to run LabVIEW RT on the controller - you can purchase one, I think it's about $500, and at that point you can request a LabVIEW RT Configuration CD (that's not what it's called, but the sales guy will know what I'm talking about).  The Config CD is a CD that will partition your controller correctly with both FAT32 and NTFS filesystems (in the appropriate way) to allow you to run Windows 7 and LabVIEW Real-Time on the controller correctly.  Once done, you can then switch within the BIOS between LabVIEW Real-Time and Windows in order to dual-boot.  

Either way, you likely need to contact NI sales to either purchase an RT license (if one was not received at the time of purchase) or to request a Configuration CD (it might also be called a dual-boot install CD or similar).

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,245 Views)