LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Case Structure for multiple inputs to Pic Ring?

So I have a reasonably simple program which I am almost completeed with. Basically the data of an array is read and then is indexed and a new array is created from the indexed data. And then I use Match Pattern to see if elements in the new array match certain words. And if they do then a number value is allocated to a Pic Ring at the end. And depending on the final number value the Pic Ring changes from one pic to another.

However, I have the problem that I will be using multiple Match Pattern functions to compare elements in the final array, but I can't attach multiple Match Patterns and their subsequent logic statements to a single Pic Ring, only one. I've been trying to work this out by implementing a Case Structure or Event Structure. But the Event Structure isn't working and with the Case Structure, it is very messy with multiple True/False Case Structures inside of each other. Anyway, hopefully this all makes some sense. I'm attaching the VI program to this post. Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,339 Views)

Obviously, you can only display one picture.  So then the question becomes which picture to show.  Therefore, you will have to create some sort of preference of one pattern over another.

I would use a FOR loop so that you can loop through your available patters and their possible results.  Use the Conditional Terminal on the FOR loop so that you can stop the loop on the first match.  Then you just wire up the selected value for the ring outside of the loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,309 Views)