LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide indicators based on case values?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to show some of the indicators only where appropriate -- the derivative graph when testing a resistor, and the semi-log excerpt graph for testing a diode.  I'm also not sure I've excerpted the characteristic portion of the diode accurately.  (The case structure bit is all the way off to the right; everything else works.)

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,347 Views)
use the visible propery
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,346 Views)

I've looked at several similar threads that talked of the visible property, but I'm not sure I've used it correctly, and I can't test it from home -- no DAQ board.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,344 Views)
right click your indecator go to create->property node->visible you might not need to use a case structure instead you could use a select.vi
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
Message 4 of 10
(3,340 Views)

I've created the property node = Visible, but I can't find how it works (or I can't understand the written directions).  Any pictorial references you might mention?  Thanks.

Picture 5.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emm

here is an example:

the visibility function is a simple bool

Message Edited by Harold Timmis on 11-15-2009 05:44 PM
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
Download All
Message 6 of 10
(3,313 Views)
Think I've got it, thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,302 Views)

Harold Timmis wrote:

the visibility function is a simple bool

I suggest to simplify further and delete the "select" and the two boolean diagram constant. If you wire the switch directly to the property node, it will function the same.... 😄

(see also).

Your other VI (visibiliy.vi) is also not that great. Since the property node exists in both cases, it belongs after the case structure (only one instance is needed!). The loop needs a wait, and the property node should only get written when the boolean changes, and not with every iteration of the loop.
Message Edited by altenbach on 11-15-2009 10:00 PM
Message 8 of 10
(3,278 Views)
wow, I rubed that one lol
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
Message 9 of 10
(3,232 Views)
I put all the Visible Property Nodes outside my case statement, and put too Boolean Constants inside each one.  True was wired to the Diode indicators for the Diode Case, and False was wired to the Resistor's indicators.  I reversed the constants for the Resistor case.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,180 Views)