LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide functions or icons from block diagram?

Instead of "hide" you can "disable".  Is that good enough?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,582 Views)

Thanks for all the replies!

Haha I just want to hide maybe a numeric value or some icon in just the block diagram. If I want to put a text label, how do I change it to the same colour as the background? I tried it but I don't know how to change the colour?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,508 Views)
You still have not explained why you would want to do do something so silly as to hide anything at all.

You use the paintbrush tool. Pick a colour or the T for transparent.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,484 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

Oddly enough I've used that in an actual program. 

Yup I've demonstrated something similar with 7-zip here.  I didn't feel like having an external dependency so the 7-zip binary is embedded in the VI which is saved and ran.  I've done similar things for embedding an image in a VI, that is used for report generation, where the tool I was using needed a path to the image, and again I didn't see a need to ever update the image externally.

Oh and I agree with everyone else, there is very few reasons you would want to hide your code and I suspect you should not.

How would you feel if you opened a text document written in C++ and the document was blank because the font was set to white on a white background, making you think the document is empty but actually has code?  This is source we are talking about, don't try to hide it.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,418 Views)

@lamela wrote:

Thanks for all the replies!

Haha I just want to hide maybe a numeric value or some icon in just the block diagram. If I want to put a text label, how do I change it to the same colour as the background? I tried it but I don't know how to change the colour?

just select the numeric and use arrow keys to move it under a function. Or if you just want to mess with someone, take a screen dump of some code and lay it on top of your actual code ...

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,391 Views)

The struggle in this thread between people trying to warn OP that what he really wants to do is pretty ill advised, and people suggesting really diabolical ways for him to achieve his goal, is pretty interesting.

Message 16 of 18
(1,377 Views)

I'm nothing but helpful, and enjoy practical jokes. >:]

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,357 Views)

@Verywiseguy wrote:

The struggle in this thread between people trying to warn OP that what he really wants to do is pretty ill advised, and people suggesting really diabolical ways for him to achieve his goal, is pretty interesting.

Many years ago in a land far far away...

I read the book named "A whack on the Side of the Head" which at that time was subtiltled "A guide to crative thinking".

Whack_on_Side.jpg

I liked it so much I loaned it out many times to others. In that book he mentions that "bad ideas" should not be brushed off when brain-storming. Sometimes the "bad idea" can be inspiration for good ideas.

I encourage creative thinking when I get a chance and the OP idea was a thought that may on the surface be a bad idea, but when you start twisting the concept we find new thoughts tht we may not have previously considered.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 18 of 18
(1,347 Views)