From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have multiple inputs for a Pic Ring?

Alright, I've got this program in which there is a pic ring with multiple pictures on a tab page on the Front Panel. And on the Block Diagram the Pic Ring receives a number through a numeric indicator. There are multiple boolean variables set up and depending on which one is true that dictates which number the indicator pushes on to the Pic Ring. However, I can only connect one boolean up to the indicator at a time. If I connect mutliple wires to the indicator the wires become broken immediately. I have a screen shot depicting the setup in the Block Diagram.

Anyway, my question is basically how to setup a numeric indicator for a Pic Ring to have multiple inputs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,447 Views)

Shogun,

You will probably need some sort of case structure to determine your input.

It looks to me like you are searching a common string for whether it contains Valve1, Valve2, Valve3 and so on.  Depending on which one it finds you are outputting that picture.  I would need more information as to what exactly you were doing, but I might look in the string for "Valve" then a number and feed that output into a case structure.  For instance if you find Valve3 in the string you send the input corresponding to Valve3 into the picture ring

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,433 Views)