LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle LabVIEW Error 3: Could not load front panel

I was working on an application, running a vi when the computer turned off. It took me a little time to start the computer again (is not an old computer, is a P4, 1GB, ABIT IG7 MotherBoard). After I unplugged and plugged the Power Unit it was possible to start the computer, before starting, it says that a CPU problem occured and press F1 to continue. Afer press F1 Windows started normally. Then I tried to open the vi in which I was working when the problem occured and LabVIEW says:

LabVIEW: Resource not found.

An error occurred loading the vi.
LabVIEW load error code 3: Could not load front panel.

The question is, can I open my vi someway or I just lost it?

I will really appreciate your answers since I have been working for a long time in this vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,034 Views)

Hi,

I think your VI somehow got corrupted. I cannot think of a way to retrieve it.

Other LabVIEW users...any inputs?

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,017 Views)
Backup and backup often onto separate media to prevent this in the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 17
(5,014 Views)

You need to force labview to not "remove the front panel".

Right click on the subvi to see "show front panel when called" and try turning it on.

Also, there's a option in the build properties window "source file settings".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,617 Views)

I came across this error when trying to back save a VI in LV2009 SP1 to LV8.5.  The exe would build but then I couldn't run the exe.  I had to recreate the VI in LV8.5.1 from scratch and then it worked.

Save for previous used to work so well, what happened?

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,449 Views)

Well, I'm faced with this problem now.  VI started its life as a 9.01 LV 2009/Vision 2009 on a given machine.  Copied to another machine wth 7.1, 8.2 and 9.01 on it.  Opened with 2009, saved it for 8.0.  Opened it with 8.2, saved it for 7.1.  Opened it with 7.1//Vision 7.1.1,  edited it, saved. File appears to be fine.

Now trying to open it with either 8.2 or 2009 (9.01) fails with error code 3.  Note that it still opens with 7.1, so the front panel is there.  Anyway to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,354 Views)

If you have the NI support plan, give the VI to them for them to deal with.  They have some tricks up their sleeves, plus they'd probably be interested in looking more closely at a VI that opens in 7.1 that doesn't open in later versions.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,328 Views)

I do have a support plan, but I'd rather solve these things myself instead of packing the whole VI hierarchy needed to open the VI.   Labview can get quite annoying ...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,316 Views)

Even if your VI needs a whole bunch of subVIs in order to run, you should still be able to open the VI that is not able to load.  They won't be able to run your VI but at least they should be able to look into getting your VI to load.  Sending the 1 VI is all you'll probably need to send.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,303 Views)

hi!

I had the same problem some time ago.

After installing the f3 patch of Labview 2009 I could successfully open the vi.

(http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6CE99D0518D392E98625768E00543744?OpenDocument)

Good luck,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,295 Views)