From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the words in an opened but unsaved Voice board file?

I'm using the software named ViaVoice from IBM, which can change the voice from the computer's microphone to text, and display the words on the Voice board file that the software provides.(See attachment)

Each time the user speaks two words to microphone, the Voice board displays these words on it(but doesn't save the words in the file automatically). I want to get the words into LabVIEW after the user finished speaking everytime.

For example, in my application, I want to control a car by user's voice, once the user speaks "to Left", the voice board displays " to Left" on it, LabVIEW reads the voice board file every 2 seconds, once LabVIEW finds the number of words changed, it reads the last two words and does the corresponding task.

The problem is that how can I get the words into LabVIEW from the Voice board? I can pre-run the ViaVoice, pre-open the Voice board, and pre-save the Voice board as a .doc file or a .txt file, But the ViaVoice can’t save the doc/txt file antomatically as the speaker adds new words on. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,947 Views)

the attachment

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,945 Views)