From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get row number in table.

I create a simple table of 10 rows and 3 columns.
and enter values in first 3 rows of this table. In my program, i want no. of rows in table with value entered(that is not blank) as 3. But i am not getting this.
When i enter values in first 3 rows of the table and convert the table to array, when i read the array size, it should be 3, instead i get 10. howto get over this problem .thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,882 Views)
Hi,
All you have to do is check for blank space in your array and delete number of rows which have blank space,so you will be getting the size as 3 and not 10.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,883 Views)

That's exacly my problem.

My problem is that I don't know the number of row it could be more or less.

The Vi where I need to know the number of row, receive the table from an other VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,690 Views)
What you really need to be concerned about is the data that is on the table - which after all is only a display. The datatype for a table is a 2D array. Use the array size function and you will discover the number of rows and columns in the data. But having said that, if the table is a control (which it sounds like it is) you will still need to look at each row in the data to determine whether any of the cells contain information because someone can click on the 10th row somewhere and type nothing but a space to create several new and empty rows at once.

Mike...

Message Edited by mikeporter on 07-04-2007 02:52 PM

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,680 Views)

Hi hema, Can you tell me the solution for this issue..I am also facing same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,750 Views)

@Gundu123 wrote:

Hi hema, Can you tell me the solution for this issue..I am also facing same problem.

You are replying to a post from 9 years ago. I would recommend to start a new thread, or at least be a bit more specific what you have and what you want. Maybe attach a small example.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,735 Views)