From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Value change event from ActiveX component?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

LV 8.6.1

I try to get value change event from ActiveX component. I have browsed forum and examples through but I can't get an idea how to use "callback  vi". E.g. in example "ActiveX Event Callback for IE.vi" there is used "callback vi". I added an example where value change event and mouse down event are programmed to event structure. Mouse down event work okay but value change not. Can someone describe what I must add to my example vi that value change event works okay?

BR, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SnowForest
Here's the solution ! "Value change event" is not performed into event structure but into "Callback VI".
Message 2 of 6
(4,447 Views)

Hi, Krsone

Thank you very much. Your example works perfect. I forget to mention that I need this event also to event structure. My code structure is producer-consumer and this value change event should be passed also to queue. Should I add variable to "callback vi" or is there any easier way ?

BR, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,427 Views)

Jim,

in order to synchronize ActiveX callbacks with the producer/cosnumer, you have to either

- create an user event in the callback and capture this in you producer  or

- obtain the queue between producer and consumer in your callback and insert the appropriate element into the queue in the callback.

I think the second option is easier to implement but is more limited in its functionality.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 6
(4,421 Views)
I modified the VIs for an upcoming User Group.  As Norbert B mentioned, I used user events to signal back to the main code that we got the DTPicker change event.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,030 Views)

Norbert-

14 posts to go... Congratulations in advanced (pre-enthusiast)!

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,029 Views)