LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate pulse train and trigger the camera through frame grabber using the same pulse train

Hi,

I am using PCI-1426 to capture 25 frames/sec.  I want  to generate an internal pulse train (25 pulses/sec) within PCI and use this pulse to trigger camera so that I can capture an image at the rising edge of that same  pulse. Please tell me how to do that? 

Thanks

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,764 Views)

Hi Sidd,

There's a set of examples you may want to look at in the Example Finder. You can get to it by going to Help»Find Examples. And then in the Example Finder window navigate to the folder Hardware Input and Outpu»IMAQ»Signal Input and Output. In this folder there are examples of using triggers to acquire images.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,740 Views)

Thanks Olivia, I have already seen those examples. I have written a program in two ways, which I have attached below. In the program Try_Pulse_Gen.vi, I am congiguring the buffer and getting the image from buffer. I have a doubt because this IMAQ program is mainly used for LL triggering purpose, so can i use it for HL triggering purposes (say 25-50 frames/sec). If you notice I am not seeing any image on the front panel, but when I want to see an image captured, it shows an error. I don't know why it happens? Is there any possible way to check the no. of frames captured without looking at the image?

In the second file (Pulse_Gen_HL), I have used the HL IMAQ configure and acquire function in addition to pulse trigger. But it shows an error of reading a trigger device. Please guide me in diagonostic of the above issues.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,735 Views)
Could you please post a screen shot of the errors?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,710 Views)

Hi Olivia,

I have attached the screen shot of error for both the ways I have discussed with you.

Thanks

Sidd

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,682 Views)

Hey Sid,

First off: HL and LL do not imply speeds, they merely imply how "user friendly" the code is. The LL code is a little harder to build, but has a little more functionality. Whereas the HL code does all of the LL code in the background, it is a little easier to set up. 

Also, have you tried just doing a grab? The errors say you have an invalid session. I would assume that if you do highlight execution, this error is popping up at the IMAQ Init.vi. This is the VI that gives you the reference to the camera session. The error is not related to triggering at al, just the camera session.

Chris

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,660 Views)