cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a TTL high and TTL low pulse using USAB daq board

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All ,

I have usb daq 6361, How can I generate a TTL high and low pulse in labview to trigger my camera. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,320 Views)

Did you read the Manual, particularly the section "Programming Devices in Software"?  Do you have experience with LabVIEW?  If not, do you have access to this expertise (students, teachers, contract employees, etc.)?

If you are interested in learning LabVIEW yourself for this Project, there are numerous on-line tutorials, including an excellent series on DAQmx.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,296 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Did you read the Manual, particularly the section "Programming Devices in Software"?  Do you have experience with LabVIEW?  If not, do you have access to this expertise (students, teachers, contract employees, etc.)?

If you are interested in learning LabVIEW yourself for this Project, there are numerous on-line tutorials, including an excellent series on DAQmx.

Bob Schor

, I do have experience with labview, i just couldnt understand how to generate an active high or low  TTL signal using daq and I dont see any expamples related to that. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitG

Here is some DAQmx code to start your 6361, set a Digital Output to True (TTL High), wait a second, then set it to False (TTL Low).  Have you tried plugging your device into your PC and firing up MAX?  It should "see" the device, and you can manipulate its ports to test it out.  Indeed, the name that MAX gives your device is what you'll put into that first I/O Constant on my example (if you click the drop-down symbol, you should see a list of the devices that MAX found).

TTL High and Low.png

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 9
(4,273 Views)
He's asked the same question several times, going back to the end of January.
Gets an answer and doesn't respond.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,260 Views)
I didn't know that a digital line will create an ttl signal, I was thinking ttl signal as an analog output voltage
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,250 Views)

Thanks, Dennis.  It sounds like AnkitG needs to just go and hire some professional help to get his (or her) problem solved.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,245 Views)

The "L" of TTL (Transitor-Transistor Logic) is "Logic", or Boolean, 0 or 1 (or Digital).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,243 Views)
If you did not understand, why didn't you respond when you were told to use a digital line? Of you don't have any electronics background, find a student at your school that does.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,231 Views)