LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fully disable a "key up" event structure

Hello eveyone,

When I launch my program, it allows me to do some initial configurations before start analysing a signal. One of that configurations it's one button (boolean) that defines if a event structure triggered with the "key up" event will execute when the program starts (I use this to let the user to save different data with the keyboard). The question is, how can I control the enable/disable of that structure with my boolean control?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,788 Views)

You could look at the boolean inside of the event case and only react if that boolean is set to TRUE.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,783 Views)

Hello crossrulz, thanks for the answer, but I'm not sure if I understand you, can you explain me a little more please? The idea is that, I want to free change the value of my button, and when I press the START button of my program (in order tu start the program function after the initial configurations), this event structure should be enabled or disabled depending on the value of the button.

I tried to put the whole event structure inside if a case (inside the true case it's the event structure, in the false case nothing), but it's not working: Although my boolean control it's set to FALSE, when I press a key the event structure reacts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,775 Views)

Can you share some code.  It sounds like there is a simple logic error happening here.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,771 Views)

Don't worry, I solved it while writing an example to you. It was just a data flow issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,760 Views)

@davetrombon wrote:

Don't worry, I solved it while writing an example to you. It was just a data flow issue.

Thanks!

Like I said, it sounds like something stupid.  Glad to hear you got it working.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,739 Views)