LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forbid window title bar to be draged?

for easy trick with more confident in work you can disable title bar in vi property but add a image of one title bar at top of your vi so operator will think that you have title bar but he could not drag it Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
(449 Views)

@Hatef wrote:

for easy trick with more confident in work you can disable title bar in vi property but add a image of one title bar at top of your vi so operator will think that you have title bar but he could not drag it Smiley Happy

If your requirement is to have a window that looks like a window, but doesn't act like one this is what I'd suggest.

But I'd push back a bit and state that trying to make a window look like a window but not act like a window, goes against standard programming practices on a Windows environment.  While you're at it why don't you make CTRL+C paste and CTRL+V copy?  Because it would annoy users who are familiar with the environment.  If the window shouldn't be moved, then remove the title bar, if you want a title bar, then it should be movable.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(408 Views)

How to revert the action with the dll ? I found the InsertMenu option with some tries but without success ...

I guess you want to turn on and off the moveability of your VI, yes? First remove the title bar, so it will not be movable.

As a second step, you can programmatically add a function so you can drag and move the panel with your mouse. This you can turn on and off.

This is how I would do it (it contains a subVI, I found in some older post in the forum, it works nice, credits to that person who programmed it 🙂 😞

Titlebarless_example.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(391 Views)