LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a modem's com port number programmably if I know the name of the modem interface?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author 2014spring

Here it is in LV 2014

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 11 of 15
(1,359 Views)

Hi Paul,

Wow, your "old" stuff really shined a light on me. You got a lot of stuff there and I think I'm overwhelmed by the power of your code! I alreay saw my modem showing up there with the name and com port number all together...ha...I'll try to digest a little better and pull out the part that I really needed. Did you write all those get managementbase subvis, Paul? Anyway, thanks a bunch for sharing your old stuff! It's very helpful!

Best,

Spring

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,332 Views)

@2014spring wrote:

Hi Paul,

Wow, your "old" stuff really shined a light on me. You got a lot of stuff there and I think I'm overwhelmed by the power of your code! I alreay saw my modem showing up there with the name and com port number all together...ha...I'll try to digest a little better and pull out the part that I really needed. Did you write all those get managementbase subvis, Paul? Anyway, thanks a bunch for sharing your old stuff! It's very helpful!

Best,

Spring

I did write the management VIs, but I figured it out by looking at other peoples' code (don't remember who or when).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(673 Views)

Hi Paul, I'm facing a new problem now. I have two devices that all show as "USB Serial Port" in Device Manager. The only difference that I found is their hardware ids in the properties. I tried "Get_USB_List_and_Props PLUS.vi" with filter "Select From Win32-USBDevice". It returns devices with Hardware ids but no COM port numbers. How do I get both Hardware id and COM port number in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(671 Views)

@2014spring wrote:

Hi Paul, I'm facing a new problem now. I have two devices that all show as "USB Serial Port" in Device Manager. The only difference that I found is their hardware ids in the properties. I tried "Get_USB_List_and_Props PLUS.vi" with filter "Select From Win32-USBDevice". It returns devices with Hardware ids but no COM port numbers. How do I get both Hardware id and COM port number in LabVIEW?

Sorry, I don't know.  I've had a similar problem and tried many times (always failing) to find the relationship between a COM port number and an identifier (such as a USB path) to a particular piece of hardware.

Message 15 of 15
(580 Views)