LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export wave form data to excel with specified location?

How to export wave form data in excel with specified location,

i.e. Specified column,

How it is possible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,322 Views)

if I read this item and your previous item, then I guess you need an excel toolkit? 😉

Can't you just use a *.csv file?  Or do you want to do your reporting in Excel as well.

Kind regards,

Bjorn

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,314 Views)

Thank you for immediate responding,

I want send wave form data with specified column..In excel sheet

i.e.  wave form data is 2 dimensional, For Example i want write data in 5 row Dth column onwards,

and 5 row Eth column...

How it is possible...?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,306 Views)

The best way to do this is to use the office report generation generation toolkit

You will have to do some translation of the data in order to get it all lined up.  But I have found that with a little practace I can make vi's that are more useful than the best VB script with these vi's. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,299 Views)

Without tool kit is it possible....?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,290 Views)

@NSTL wrote:

Without tool kit is it possible....?Smiley Wink

Yes, it's possible -- it's just not as easy as most things are in LabVIEW (which is why we created the Report Generation Toolkit).

You'll want to look into either the Excel ActiveX interface or the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel .NET assembly in order to automate Excel.  This code snippet is an example of using the .NET assembly to create a datatable and graph in Excel:

dotNET to Excel.png

If you have the Report Generation Toolkit you can get the same effect using the MS Office Report Express VI and your code would look like this:

Report Generation Toolkit Express to Excel.png

Good luck,

Simon

Message 6 of 6
(3,269 Views)