From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance the refresh rate of Remote Front Panel?

I am using compart RIO 9035. There is a startup application running on it with all the control elements implemented. I use Remote Front Panel to access the front panel of this application from Windows PC web browser.

There is an indicator displaing real-time numerical value which is read and sent to RT target by FPGA. When I connect the screen directly to cRIO I see that this value updates very fast. When I access the Remote Front Panel, the value reshershes way too slow — appoximately twice per second. I would like to be more specific, but I am not sure how I can find out exact refresh rate of the front panel and how I can enhance it?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Svetlana.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,638 Views)

Hey Svetlana,

as far as I know, there is no way to set the refresh rate of the Remote Front Panel.

I've search through all property nodes for the Web Service used by the Remote Front Panels, but I could not found any timeout property.

You can find an example for the Web Service property nodes in this example:

How Do I Programmatically Configure the Web Server's HTTP Port? - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9E3971769D6B0F5862576C100659ADA

You can try to reduce the number of elements visible on the frontpanel which may improvide then update rate. This is the only thing what comes to my mind.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,575 Views)