LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do this in labview

I have c series relay modulator. I have an array of numbers , let's say 5,8,9,2

i wanna send digital signal 5 times , then 8 times , 9 times , then lastly 2 

should I do a for loop and my array as N value then Boolean as digital signal each time so a for loop inside Boolean is fed to daq assistant ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,981 Views)

Think about what you want to do, less about how you want to do it.  You have an array of values that represent repetitions, and you want to access this array one element at a time.  What does that suggest?  Why, a For Loop, fed by the Array, which picks off one of the Repetition Counts at a time.

Now what do you want to do with the repetition count?  You want to "do something" (it barely matters what) that many times.  What does this suggest?  Why, another For Loop, but this time with the Repetition Count wired to the For Loop's "N" input.  But you already know this, you've had some experience with LabVIEW, so why are you asking?

Finally, we come to the task at hand, which appears to be generating some kind of digital signal.  For goodness sake, forget about the DAQ Assistant (I don't tell students about it, but rather show them MAX, tell them about Tasks, and show them how to "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Solve 80% of Your Data Acquisition Applications" (hint -- Web-search that title).  You should be able to do what you need with only 3-4 DAQmx functions.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,958 Views)