From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the units of parameters in the control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a simple query related to display the units in controls.

The procedure is right click on the control > select display format > Advanced editing mode. In that a field called format string, here i'm giving the units related to parameters. Now I have to enter "sec2"in that field. How to give the suffix value.

Please help me.

Regards,

S Nagaraju.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,580 Views)

Right Click and select unit label

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,568 Views)

My question is how to put ("sec2" ) suffix 2 for that label.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,552 Views)

Why aren't you able to just edit the display format and edit it to enter the units you want?

If you want to programmatically set the display format, there is a property node called Format String you can write to.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,548 Views)

Dear sir,

I wnant the square value should be displayed like as attached. 

units.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,533 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sonti_11532
After Sec enter \B2 in '\'-codes display and switch back to normal display.
Ref: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Subscript-and-superscript-fonts/idc-p/920208/highligh...
Thanks
uday
Message 6 of 8
(4,526 Views)

@Sonti_11532 wrote:

Dear sir,

I wnant the square value should be displayed like as attached. 

units.png

It would have been helpful if you said that in your original post.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,518 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sonti_11532

To enter any ASCII character in the display format dialog box at edit time, you can use the alt key and number pad.  For the superscript 2 which Uday stated was \B2,  you can hold the alt key then type 0178 on the number pad.  (B2 hex = 178 decimal)  On the number pad, you always need to front fill the number with zeroes to enter it as 4 digits.  The degree symbol ° is Alt 0176.

Message 8 of 8
(4,504 Views)