LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display graph using table data

Hi everyone,

I am doing my final year project.Now I got the Vi which is display waveform using text file data(attached below).But now my job is showing same graph with same table data value but without inserting text file.So how can I do that.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,376 Views)

Hi Tiramisu,

my job is showing same graph with same table data value but without inserting text file

I did it for your VI: I removed the "text reading" part and made a control from your "data table" indicator. Task done…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 12
(3,367 Views)

Thank you very much.Very appreciate for you answer. 

And I have one more question: I already can connect the Mysql to labview and showing the mysql data in labview table. My question is how to plot the waveform using the table data value. The left Y-axis (0~360) is about Wind direction and the right Y-axis (0~10m/s) is about Wind speed. My table first colum is timing,second is wind direction value,third is wind speed value.So how can I plot the graph according to the table data value,and X-axis showing the whole day timing like 00:00:00~~24:00:00. Thank you ver much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,343 Views)

sorry I forgot to attach my Vi. This My Vi I did,but my graph got some error which not according to timing. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,340 Views)

Hi Tiramisu,

your VI works for me…

I made small adjustments:

check.png

Hints:

- You should get rid of that dreaded AM/PM time format. Use a proper 24H format, it is much easier to handle in the code…

- Use ScanFromString to directly scan for timestamps…

- Your database should provide "full" timestamps for each datapoint, having timestamps without time (just date) will always force you into errors…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 12
(3,310 Views)

Thank you for your answer.Hi can you attach the Vi for me,because I cannot get the correctly answer.Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,303 Views)

Hi Tiramisu,

it's a SNIPPET

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 12
(3,301 Views)

I mean can you send me the Vi which You already adjest one,Because I want to learn how does it works 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,288 Views)

Hi Tiramisu,

you can download either the VI(t) I attached yesterday or the snippet of my post earlier this morning. What's the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 9 of 12
(3,284 Views)

@Tiramisu001 wrote:

I mean can you send me the Vi which You already adjest one,Because I want to learn how does it works 

GerdW posted a snippet.  What you can do is save that image (png file) to your desktop.  You can then drag that file onto a VI's block diagram and you will automagically have the code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 12
(3,269 Views)