LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a rectangular ROI in a new image?

Hi,

I want to display a rectangular ROI in a new image. I want the rest of the image to be cropped.

I selected the ROI by using the  'IMAQ Select Rectangle' vi And

changed the rectangle output generated into an ROI using 'IMAQ Convert Rectangle to ROI' vi

Is there a more easier way?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,441 Views)

I selected the ROI by using the  'IMAQ Select Rectangle' vi And

changed the rectangle output generated into an ROI using 'IMAQ Convert Rectangle to ROI' vi

This is the method which i use all the time.Doesnt involve the keyboard!!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,412 Views)

I am new to LabVIEW , so please forgive me for basic doubts.

I don't know if the ROI descriptior can be used to cut out the ROI from the base image

and display them seperately.

For eg. I want to cut the image of a ball from the base image And use it as a template.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,401 Views)

Try looking in the Machine Vision pallet under the Searching and Matching pallet as well as the Inspection pallet. These should allow you to learn a template and display it seperate from the image.

Is this what you are trying to do? Or are you trying to remove the template from the image and display the template and the image without the template?

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,393 Views)
R u by chance trying to create a template for pattern matching? You can directly do it in vision assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,381 Views)

I don't know if the ROI descriptior can be used to cut out the ROI from the base image

and display them seperately.

For eg. I want to cut the image of a ball from the base image And use it as a template.

By cut do you mean u want to extract.There is a function called (Imaq extract).You can use that for extracting the roi.If you want to extract a dynamic roi,then u can use the pattern matching vi and feeding the output (Top,Left bottom,Right) to the extract function

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,380 Views)
Posting a few images will def help. Also can you explain a little on your application?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,379 Views)

Muks,

Do you know you can do options on the upper right of the thread and pick edit message?  You can edit a message to add more comments for up to 10 minutes after it was originally posted.  It saves having to read 3 messages with a sentence a piece. 

Or are you trying to up your post count?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,369 Views)

Or are you trying to up your post count?

I dont need this to up my post count ravens.When i click edit message it takes a lot of time to load.Secondly every now and then i get an error when i edit my message and i had to retype the message.

Either i need to practice what altenbach had suggested(cltrl+A) or post in new messages. I have posted in a lot of topics.I dont need this to increase my post count.I had infact posted all kinds of error in the feedback thread.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,357 Views)

I suppose you would have read laura's answer in this thread

Hi Everyone,

I am reporting the strange behavior that may be linked to the loading time for the editor.  I'll keep you updated as I hear updates.

Thanks,

Laura

Ohla and editing works afterall but who cares if it takes a couple MINUTES!!!!

Message Edited by muks on 08-30-2008 02:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,355 Views)