cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Excel data on waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Munna,

I didn't completely understand your comment so I'll try my best to answer your questions.  There are two index arrays because there needs to be one for rows and one for columns.  I guess I could delete the one I created for rows since I'm never going to use it.  I don't understand what you mean by 'why are you passing Index '0' many times.  I don't want to display the 1st signal many times.  If e.g. a column has 50 rows, I'd like those 50 rows to be displayed continuously, like when you simulate a sine curve and it keeps going.

Please take a look at the attached.  I modified it and now I can get e.g. 2 columns at the same time but it only shows the last 5 rows in the columns, not the entire column.

My real data file is roughly 300 columns out of which I need to display 7-8.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(1,453 Views)

rhupd,

The index array that you created is taking out two arrays and they are indexed by columns.  The indexing is occuring based on the inputs that have the small black box filled in.  You should use the context help (ctrl-h) to take a look at this.

A few suggestions.

Delete the first row from your array that you are getting from the spreadsheet read.

Change the X axis of your graph from time to a floating number.

Be sure to set your first number to 0 on your X scale.

You can set your index array to remove 8 columns of data and change your column constants to controls for the user.  If you need variability in the amount of colums you are looking at one time then it will get a bit more complicated.

Message 32 of 41
(1,450 Views)

@JoeWork, thank you for your input.  I implemented all of your suggestions.  Please see the attached file.  I think I almost got it!  Just 2 questions which I wrote as comments in the file.  Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41
(1,422 Views)

Your chart isn't repeating because I believe the data has a fixed index.  I guess that is what happens when it is converted to a dynamic data type.  You can build a 2D array from the ones that you picked out.  Transpose that 2D array and feed it into a chart and you should get what you need.

If you use the probe tool on the data going to Selective columns then you should see two arrays of waveform data.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41
(1,407 Views)

Can you please take a look again?  It's still not repeating.  Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(1,404 Views)

Clear your chart and set your X axis to 100.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(1,400 Views)

Omg, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do!  Thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(1,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rhupd

Hi JoeWork,

I found a glitch that I could use your help with please.  I changed some of the data to decimals and it stopped working.  I think I made all the necessary changes.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41
(1,383 Views)

It is working fine for me.  Is yours not running, stopping, or doesn't look right?  The only thing I had to do was change the representation of the numbers in Array to show the decimal.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 41
(1,380 Views)

It's running fine but the numbers are still whole; I think the numbers are being rounded off.  What do you mean when you say you had to change the representation of the numbers......

Never mind, got it!

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(1,371 Views)