LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable default led event in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I have 1 Led in Front Panel, when I click on that, it will change the state. This should not happen for me. How to disable this one. Here the property of Led should be Control not Indicator.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish G.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,785 Views)

Can you post your VI in 2011 format. Its easy to give solution from there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,779 Views)

In edit mode, you can change controls as well as indicators.

In run mode, only controls can be changed from the front panel, indicators cannot be operated.

(You can change a control into an indicator and vice versa in edit mode by right-clicking on the terminal. Overuse of local variables sometimes blurs the distinction between controls and indicators.

Your post is very confusing and it is not clear what you actually expect. Can you attach a small example VI that shows the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,777 Views)

check

Please see this. The Default Led Event is when u click on it. I t will change the state. I don't want that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,766 Views)

@HarishG wrote:

check

Please see this. The Default Led Event is when u click on it. I t will change the state. I don't want that.

You need to show us the code, not a picture of the front panel. Please attach the VI and explain how you operate it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,758 Views)

Then why you are using LED ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,752 Views)

As sir said, Please post your VI 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,751 Views)

Hi altenbach,

See i attached the VI file.

1. u hv to run TempVI, then click on boolen LED 

2. Another window QuitVI will come, then press Quit to close.

3. Now the LED is changed the state of that. (if boolen  LED is ON then it became OFF & vise versa when u click. I dont want this one The boolean LED should not change its state when u click).

Thanks & Regards,

Harish G.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HarishG

Your LED is a control. Make it an indicator instead (right-click the terminal...change to indicator).

Of course if it is an indicator you can no longer use a value change event. You could use a mouse down event instead.

Why is it a LED? In the simplest case you could just color the ON and OFF state the same dark green.... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,739 Views)

I want Led only, it is acting as indicator, but it is control when we click on that, we go to another window, there we will see status of some things & we will come back.

Don't think too much, I want basic thing only,  when we click  ON LED should not change the state. How to do this?(LED should be Control).

Thanks & Regards,

Harish. G

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,730 Views)