LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine time value of a .wav file in real time as it plays?

Hi all.
I need to build a vi in which a .wav sound file is represented in a Waveform graph, and at the same time, I want to play that file, and have a vertical cursor line running along the Waveform graph, in order to have a visual representation of where the sound track is, in terms of time.
Making the .wav file to appear graphicaly on a Waveform graph was an easy task to do, but then, I was´nt able to extract the time information of that .wav file, at the same time that this file is being played.
This is a very common situation in music players, video players etc, where some kind of graphical artifact, represents in real time where the track is while it plays.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,480 Views)
Hi, this is the first ActiveX control I have played with but its really cool.

I read this first: -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay10/mmp_sdk/iwmpcontrolsinterface.asp
Which covers "The IWMPControls interface provides a way to manipulate the playback of a media item."

Then built the attached sample.
It should now be straight forward to attach the position information shown to a graph control cursor postion.
You will need to set a file of your own choosing in the VI first.

Let us all know if this is what you wanted.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,466 Views)
Hi.
Yes, this is it.
Thank you very much buddy.
And by the way:
Where can I get more Activex files?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,448 Views)
I am sure you can download them but most will come as part of Windows or other components that you install on your system. You can of course write your own.....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,432 Views)