LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy MYSQL file into installer

I am using LabSQL and MYSQL.I am able to fetch data from database and its working fine.

Now , I want to put my developed project  into other PC where LabVIEW is not available.How to deploy MYSQL database into installer ?

I am using HeidiSQL GUI client for creating tables in MYSQL. HeidiSQL allow to save .sql script file (as up to i know).

Is it require to install MYSQL,ODBC driver on client PC?

How i can make whole procedure so simply that all things can happen programmatically?

----------------------------------------------------------

Better suggestion regarding MYSQL client ,or any other thing regarding to this is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,180 Views)

You cannot include the deployment of MYSQL directly from your installer.

But you can call a VI at the end of your installer that will call the MySQL installer then run a sql script to create your database.

In order to access the MySQL data base you have to have an ODBC driver installed to connect to it.

If the other PC is used as a server you will also need to install the complete package.

Also be careful with 64 and 32 bits drivers as it can cause problems but I am sure you already solved this problems on your dev machine.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,116 Views)

To expand on what didje007 posted, you can include other (installer) files in your installer build specification so you can include the MySQL installer with your application.

You can run an executable after the installation of your program has finished. This could also be a batch file to perform more complex installations (e.g. running multiple files).

My recommendation is that you will probably want to run the .sql script that creates/initialises the database if it doesn't exist from within your application - this will allow you to do more error checking and inform the user if something didn't go correctly. You could also run your MySQL installer using System Exec from within your application as well.

What are you using the database for? Normally if you are using MySQL you would be connecting to a single centralised server. If you don't need the data to be networked/centralised and you're just using it for storing/reading data - you might want to look at SQLite instead as it just stores data in a file and doesn't require a complex server installation/setup.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,105 Views)

Yes,My application need local DB.

Is there any limitation in SQLite in terms of memory or speed?

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,076 Views)

That's not a very easy question to answer as it depends on so many factors and different criteria you might use to determine the 'speed' of SQLite and you have given no indication of how much data you are storing and/or what you are doing with it. A simple search for 'sqlite limitations' and 'sqlite performance' will give you some information to go on. SQLite is not a fully relational database engine / management system but it does allow tables and performing SQL queries on the data.

SQLite database files are limited to 128TB in size.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 5 of 5
(3,069 Views)