From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deflect 3D surface on 3D picture control

Hi,

I mentioned in earlier posts that I'm one of the Geeks of LABVIEW (I mainly work using .NET languages). However, having a motivated community made me dare to do some automated measurements with LABVIEW.

I capture analog voltage corresponds to strain on a test specimen (I utilize NI DAQ 6008 and signal conditioning circuit I made, so this is the easy way as many of you already know). I want to give it some stunning look by having 3D surface that is bent (deflected) according to the corresponding analog voltage.

If someone could create a simple VI with perhaps having a slider and the 3D surface on 3D picture control for testing deflection, This would be a dream that comes true.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,078 Views)

Hi there

Open the Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) and search for "3D". Start with "3D Surface Example - Fluctuating Sine Wave.vi". This will give you a good start.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 2 of 6
(3,075 Views)

Thanks Chris for your valuable help. It did help alot. I only hope to implement 3d deflection of "3D Picture Control". Maybe by using mesh and change the dimesion programmatically.

Thanks again and all help is appreciated in this regard.

Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,025 Views)
Is it that difficult to achieve such a task? does anyone recommed aborting the idea and replace it with charts?
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,997 Views)

VBCoder wrote:
Is it that difficult to achieve such a task? does anyone recommed aborting the idea and replace it with charts?

The 3d picture control is;

1) quite complicated for the caual developer

2) Still new enough that I have not tried it in an app (due to reported bugs)

So I can't step up and say "take a look at this thread".

I'd first try to do it using a the CW 3d graph (since I know that critter) but even for that approach I'd need a good expresion to relate the strain to deformation.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(2,994 Views)

Hi, I've seen this therad:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7130 

The article has the 3D deflection that I seek. If anyone managed to generate such a thing, I'll be so grateful.

Have a nice day.

Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,521 Views)