LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug an EXE

I develop a project in LV2012 on a WIN 7 , 32 bit PC.

The resulting EXE with the App Builder runs great on my PC. And prints reports as I need it.

I mail the EXE with all support files to my client and there also the application runs fine - well almost. Except when they click REPORTS option.

REPORTS  VI is simple - it simply uses a File Dialog express VI to open the required report file and then sends the data to the printer using the EasyPrint VI Panel or Documentation.VI

I have no access to the client PC as he is in another country ( net access is a problem )  and I dont know what is the offending code that results in teh REPORT .VI load with the RUN arrow broken.

I have not tried to Debug a EXE so far and am trying to read the HELP files. But if anyone can point me in the right direction it will save time. When the application crashes, I want to know which is causing the crash...

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,598 Views)

You can debugg the exe by enabling the Debug option when you build the exe.

But your actual problem seems to be the Report Generation toolkit is not present in that remote PC. The better solution is you can create an installer from your PC and install in the remote PC. 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,583 Views)

Hello Raghunathan,

since you mention the report generation toolkit VI "EasyPrint VI Panel or Documentation", this issue might be resolved with the following article:

Error 7 When Running an Application Using VIs from Report Generation Toolkit

Best regards

AndGar

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,568 Views)