LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create one Help button on front panel of VI??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to create one button for example one help button on front panel of VI so by pressing that any new user can open folder in which I have store some help guide.

Means I have make one folder on my desktop in that I have save all the data which should be useful for new user so if some new user want to run the programm and if he has no idea that how to run program then he can simply press help button and after pressing that helping folder will be open then reading then instruction user can start the program.

Hope you will get my point.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,039 Views)

Go to edit --> run time menu and customize accordingly on front panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,028 Views)

Something like this?

sys exec.png

Specify the folder you need in the command line argument, in the above example I have C:\Intel

Hope this helps.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,025 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried with given figure but I didn't get success.

I am already dealing with producer consume event here I am attach my example vi if possible then please let me know that what should I do in order to open folder at any location.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,017 Views)

Here

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 5 of 9
(3,008 Views)

The Help that aCe posted will not work if you intend for the help to be displayed immediately. Since it is queued it will not be processed until the run is complete if it is currently running. This also means that if the Pause button is pressed the help will be delayed for quite some time. Also, you should avoid the use of local variables to control state information. The state machine should maintain all of your state information. The producer should only detect the events and pass the messages to the consumer. What you are encountering is a classic issue with the producer/consumer with the consumer acting as a state machine. Interrupting the flow of states with new events of a higher priority can be problematic. Simply placing items in the front of the queue may not always work correctly. There are some examples of implementations that use multiple queues which can create prioritized messages.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,999 Views)

Thank you for helping.

Yes Mark is right that when help is pressed then its not execute immediately.

So what kind of changes I need to do so when ever I pressed help then its execute immediately.

Thank you for help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitRamani

I think problem is solved now...

Here I have attach screen shot of the solved Problem that might be help.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,977 Views)

If yopu display the help inside the event structure there is no need to post the message to the consumer queue as well. Also, you need to understand the if you place code in the event structure that requires a long time to execute you will delay any other events from being processed. This can result in a sluggish UI.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,946 Views)