LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an array of a cluster?

Hello!

Now we need some help or tip again 🙂 We have an array of strings coming out from a for-loop. We want to pick this array in peaces and get the string-elements out. These elements we want to get into a cluster together with boolean constant. Of this cluster we then want to create an array. The problem is that we do not know how to overcome the trouble with data-types and for-loopes... *scratching our head...* Anyone? Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,799 Views)
And we would like to thank you for your help in e thread yesterday. We can not find it now so we hope that the persones who helped us then reads this 😛 Thank you very much 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,798 Views)
Hello Ex-jobb,

maybe this can help you.

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,792 Views)
Hello 🙂

Thank you for the help. The problem for us is that we have an array out from our first for-loop. This is our dilemma... we want to get the strings one by one from our array from the loop but do not know how to do this... thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,788 Views)
Hello Ex-jobb,

have a look at my example. I included a second way to build your array of cluster.

The string generation at the left of the diagram is to simulate your text file reading, it also gives you an array of strings.
This array is in the upper part converted by using autoindexing of an for-loop. In the lower part I used just an "Index Array" with
"Build cluster" and "build array".

Hope this helps,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,787 Views)
Hello GerdW!

Thank you for your help! Yes we thought of that... we have shiftregister in the forloop where the array comes out and when we tried to connect a for-loop that creates the cluster it did not work. So we just put an extra for-loop between these with the autoindexing... could that be the problem why we could not do this directly from the first for-loop, cause we had shiftregister? What do you think?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,782 Views)
We also tried to connect directly from the for-loop with the shiftregisters and drag a wire out thrugh a autodindex-output but it did not want us to do so...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,782 Views)
Hello Ex-jobb,

please post an example of what you are doing (or trying to do...)!

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,772 Views)
Hello GerdW!

Now it works! Strange... me and computers are apperently not friends?? Thank you for your help! Would you like to see the program anyway? I think it is a bit messy because we have not so good structure 😛
Again, thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,768 Views)