LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an array list of strings by using buttons?

Just out of curiousity, how can the customer be both tall and short?

There should only be 3 selections, correct?

So the array would be 3 columns wide:

(Male) (Tall/Short) (Size) 

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,157 Views)

Cory K wrote:

Just out of curiousity, how can the customer be both tall and short?

Ever been in a Hall of Mirrors? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,150 Views)

brute force? could you please send me the example cause i have tried many methods but i just cant get the final result. i have attach what i have done so far.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,124 Views)
This is what he meant. I have purposely grouped similar booleans together in a cluster since its better design and will make it more easy for you to scale the application.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,119 Views)
oh i c..its by using a for case structure in a for loop. cool. thanks guys. this is what im looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,112 Views)
how should i connect the output of the array i created to be used as a control in a for loop? when i just connect the wires it will output [ the type of source is a string, the type of sink is a 1D array of void. ]
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,097 Views)

Wire it directly. Right click on the tunnel and select Disable indexing.

Message Edited by mathan on 12-23-2008 03:28 AM
Message 17 of 22
(1,087 Views)

thank you very much mathan. it solve the problem. erm... if lets say i have 4 buttons in a cluster then originally they are able to perform as control and produce the array list. but now i created a check box. when i check it then all the buttons will be selected and it will display and create all the elements in the list but i lost the ability to manual select the buttons myself. how do i solve it? i tried to use the true or false case structure but the cluster only can be use as indicator and not as control at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,084 Views)
thank you very much mathan. it solved the problem. erm if i have 4 buttons in a cluster then it is able to manually be click and will generate the array list. but when i create a boolean checkbox so that when i check it , all the buttons in the cluster will be ON and will automatically create all the elements in the list. but i am unable to have both cause the cluster cant act as an indicator and control at the same time. what should i do? i have attach a picture of what i have done.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,083 Views)
At this point I have to say I've lost track of what you're trying to do, but to answer your direct question, to update a control you use the Value property node or you use a local variable. Check the LabVIEW Help and the examples on using property nodes and local variables. Be careful with local variables, as they can lead to race conditions.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,062 Views)