From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a type def of a tab control?

Solved!
Go to solution

Capture.PNG

Interesting.  Then deferring and selecting page 1 again applying and saving results in another no dirty dot but, the tab.vi tab keeps 13000 forward and remains greyed.  until you hit the broken run arrow and it recompiles and runs fine.

I hate tabs

Edit

Create a tab control
Type def it
Save it
Drop it on a new vi
Save the vi
Open the type def
select reorder tabs
reorder a tab
launch LabVIEW again- it just crashed

Capture.PNG 

SR Submitted

I hate Tabs

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 37
(1,966 Views)

What happens when you "try to close the control editor?"  I don't see anything.  The subVI constant updates with the new page name, however there is now a coercion dot in the main VI.tabs.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 12 of 37
(1,962 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Capture.PNG

Interesting.  Then deferring and selecting page 1 again applying and saving results in another no dirty dot but, the tab.vi tab keeps 13000 forward and remains greyed.  until you hit the broken run arrow and it recompiles and runs fine.

I hate tabs

Edit

Create a tab control
Type def it
Save it
Drop it on a new vi
Save the vi
Open the type def
select reorder tabs
reorder a tab

Capture.PNG 

SR Submitted

I hate Tabs

You guys are using busted software.  Works fine for me.  Smiley Wink

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 13 of 37
(1,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben

I've only ever gotten this to "accidentally" work, and I could never reproduce reliably how to do this.

I see a LV proverb here that goes something like this:

"When Ben has an issue, it will always be an interesting one."  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 14 of 37
(1,920 Views)

@billko wrote:

Especially when it starts out as: "This may be a dumb question...". 😄

Message 15 of 37
(1,907 Views)

@aputman wrote:

So it may have worked in 2011 but is busted again now in 2015. Since I do not think that drivers for 2011 are supported along side modern versions of LV, back-saving and working in 2011 is really not a option for me.

So I will call this a bug, try to flag some support and try to work around this issue the hard-way, manually chasing down all of the places in the code where I change tab pages.

Bummer and double-bummer.

Type-defs are like the "Little girl, that had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid."

Spoiler

Special appearance by my youngest G-daughter, "Eden".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(1,881 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@billko wrote:

Especially when it starts out as: "This may be a dumb question...". 😄

Thank you. While I am honored to be part of a new proverb, I would prefer to be the user of good software.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(1,879 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Create a tab control
Type def it
Save it
Drop it on a new vi
Save the vi
Open the type def
select reorder tabs
reorder a tab

SR Submitted

I hate Tabs

Why, You may be correct!

"There has been a corrective action request filed for this bug (CAR 603092) and the LabVIEW 2016 f1 patch should address this bug directly for LabVIEW 2016 users. You can find the link to the download here:
LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit) f1 Patch
http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2016/6358/en/
Here is also the list of bugs that the patch should fix.
LabVIEW 2016 2016 Patch Details
http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53294/en/ "

Of course that doesn't address why the NI Update service has failed to publish the patch! One would expect it to be listed in the Aug-2016 to Jan 2017 list since it has been around since Sep 30, 2016 but Nope, it isn't there and the update service don't know about it either!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(1,843 Views)

Hello!

Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis if a patch will be published. This usually depends on the effects of the patch itself (severity, number of individuals affected, etc). 

Did downloading the patch solve your problem?

Rachael Dahlman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(1,821 Views)

@DahlmanR wrote:

Hello!

Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis if a patch will be published. This usually depends on the effects of the patch itself (severity, number of individuals affected, etc). 

Did downloading the patch solve your problem?

Rachael Dahlman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Not sure yet..... Installing the patch and launching LabVIEW shows THIS!!@!!@Smiley MadSmiley Mad
Capture1.PNG

HINT:

Hint.PNG

YUP, License Manager is missing all the addons too!

SR Coming.  Pull that patch ASAP!

Message 20 of 37
(1,813 Views)