From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a trigger with Labview

Dear John H,
at first step i tried connecting just the Trigger+ pin and using the Gen Dig train continuos.vi
and it worked properly.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Now i need to buy an hardware that make me able to just send two different triggers to two differents devices (a lamp and a videocamera).
Do you have any suggestions about this?

Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(920 Views)

thescar--

OK, I couldn't remember if you were using the counters or the digital/PFI lines  (this is what you should be using)...either way, you should be fine with the hardware that you have.  The 6229 has 2 counters and 48 DIO/PFI lines.  Best of luck.

Regards,

John H.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(901 Views)

Hi,
actually the hardware i'm using its in another lab so i'm looking to buy something cheaper than the 6229 to use in my lab.
I've used the Ctr0 out for the trigger.

regards,
G.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(889 Views)

thescar

That is understandable.  So that you are comfortable with what you get, and to make sure you get the right product for you, I would suggest calling one of our sales reps at (888) 280-7645...they will ask you about your application and make sure you get the right product and you can ask them any questions you may have. If you'd like to do a little research, or maybe order online, you can go to http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/ and follow the links about what you need and it will guide you to the right product.  Anyway, let us know if you need anything.

Regards

John H

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(884 Views)
Thanks a lot for the precious information.

I've one more question about the trigger.

I've a Firewire Videocamera that could work with an external trigger as well.
So using the GenDigPulseTrainCont.vi i can send the pulse throught the Counter 0.
Do you think i could connect both devices to the counter 0 (The Lamp and The Videocamera) so they will be perfectly Synchronized.
Or you could suggest me something else?

Thanks,
G.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(869 Views)

Hello G.,

The PFI lines (including those used for the counter) of the NI 6229 can drive a maximum of 24 mA.  You mentioned that your lamp uses 20 mA, so I would not recommend connecting both things to this line.  Instead, you can use both counter 0 and counter 1 in the same pulse generation task and connect one device to each line.  The pulses will be synchronized. 

Hope this helps!

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(852 Views)