LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a real-time chart with multiple plots

I am trying to create a chart of 5 temperatures acquired at 10 Hz in real time with the x axis as absolute time.  The Real-Time chart.vi doesn't quite cut it, because after a while there is a delay between the time shown on the x axis, and the actual time because the small discrepancies between the actual multiplier and the one sent to the strip chart property node XScale.Multiplier add up over time.  I have had good results by transforming a temperature into a waveform and then sending it to the chart, but doing this I can't find a way to show multiple temperatures on the same chart.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,511 Views)

You can probably show multiple waveforms on a graph, but I don't work with waveforms.

How about something like the VI here? It holds the timestamp and you can modify it to support multiple plots.

(2,500 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion TST.  The XY graph worked well, but one problem is that it doesn't have the nice history that you can scroll back to like the chart.  One problem that was contributing to the poor timestep performance was that I was using 'wait (ms)' to control my while loop length.  Since this was more often too long than too short, it added up over time.  I have switched to using 'millisecond multiple' to control the while loop length, and the time discrepancy has been greatly reduced.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,486 Views)