LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a program for sequential task performing?

Solved!
Go to solution

A particular task has to be performed first then only permission is given to perform the next task?

Can it be performed on LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,432 Views)

There is a lot of way to achieve this. Can you be more specific about what exactly do you want then its easy to provide a solution.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,429 Views)

Say for Eg:-

If there are 3 experiments that I want to perform it should be the case that I should'nt be able to perform experiment number 2 unless and until I have performed experiment number 1.

That is, experiment number 3 cant be performed unless I have performed experiment number 1 & 2 before. If I try to break the order I should'nt be permitted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,420 Views)

You can do it in the state machine design pattern. Keep the 3 experiments in 3 states and make it as a sequence and the if any one fails you can come out of it. If they have to be individually tested then set status of the experiment complete in an LV2G (Global Variable) and check at the beginning of each experiment whether the pre-required test has been completed or not. If yes proceed No then stop the test.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 6
(2,417 Views)

I have done the first part of the solution provided by you.

I am not quite familier to the second part.

Can you please solve it with using a global vatiable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sunny1290

LabVIEW ships with examples. You should look up the examples and search for the state machine structure. It will show you details on how to structure your code to allow for the exact process that you need to use to be successful. Try to look at that code and then come back when you have some code for us to review. This allows you to learn and us to guide you through how to use things properly.

We like it more when you have specific questions like I can not get this to work or I do not understand how this works...

I hope you help yourself so we can help you better.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,405 Views)