LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a 20 step Stack Sequence

Solved!
Go to solution
I am working on my GUI interface for a 20 step temp profile. I am using the flat sequence logic. But I see a flaw in my logic. I am passing the temperature to all sequences at the same time. How can I run step 1,2,3??  I have developed a senior moment.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,418 Views)

Howdy,

I would recommend you putting your Temp and Soak controls into arrays, and utilize a State Machine, rather than the Sequence structure. You'll get much better performance, and your code will be much easier to work with in the long run.

If you need more help after trying that, just ask!

Robot Happy 

Message 2 of 7
(3,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pnielsen@gplains.com
Definitely state machine. Here's an article on state machines: Application Design Patterns: State Machines.
Message 3 of 7
(3,403 Views)

I looked at the state sequence example for nickles and dimes. It is an excelent way to restructure my code. The code was showing the selection of a nickle or a dime. I do not want to select the coin manualy. I want to create an automated sequence? The operator enters his profile ande then starts the program. The response I recieved were excelent help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,377 Views)

Try creating an Array of Input States to the State Machine...

Message 5 of 7
(3,361 Views)

Technically, LabVIEWGuru should get the Accepted Solution since he suggested. I just followed up agreeing with him and providing a link to where you can read more.

As to your question: You probably want to look at a queue-based state machine that allows you to specify a list of states to run. Several have made their way around this forum over the years. The latest one is the JKI State Machine

Message 6 of 7
(3,359 Views)

Thanks,smercurio.

I'm not worried about kudos or whatever. I'm just happy we were able to help!

Robot Very Happy 

Message 7 of 7
(3,332 Views)