From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a data logger the reads analog inputs to a datalogger which reads both analog and digital inputs

Iam using NI Datalogger which reads only analog inputs.But now i want to convert the same datalogger to read both analog and digital inputs.How can i do this.As Iam beginner in this field kindly give me detail explanation.any examples are welcome.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,352 Views)
Depending on the hardware you have that can be done pretty easily. Do you know what device you have?
-scraggs99
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,345 Views)
Iam using NI PCI-6071E DAQ board
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)
Hello,

there is no possibility to measure digital signals with the NI Datalogger delivered with NI DAQmx base.
You can have a look to the LabVIEW Example finder (Help --> Example finder) to find a example. Your board does support Traditional DAQ and DAQmx.
You could create a Task in DAQmx. Go to LabVIEW, choose a DAQmx Task constant, choose the task, right click --> create programcode --> example to generate a easy program. Than you can change it to write the data into a file.

Matthias K
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)